How often do you "scrub" the walls of a Fiberglass pool ??

cody21

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2012
Lafayette, Ca / USA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have an older Fiberglass pool ... There is definitely a slight build-up of some dirt or something (calcium??) (it's not algae) - I rub it with my finger and it does come off. What kind of general scrubbing maintenance should be done, how often, and what would I use ?? It has not been done all summer.

Thanks

Re: How often do you "scrub" the walls of a Fiberglass pool

People typically brush once a week. It doesn't seem to matter what surface.

I recommend a wall whale. It has nylon brushes and the fin applies the downward pressure. All you do is push it back and forth. It saves a lot of back, shoulder, and arm aches.

Thank you .. me bad -- more research in Pool School revealed this to me ... I'm looking into the Whale Tail on Amazon as we write.

I try to brush at least once a week with my wall whale just because I understand the importance even if I've never really seen a difference in the pool other than never having had algae. :party:

I also have this big textured blue glove that I use to scrub the scum line with. Its nylon loop fabric (a bit like velcro?) and its handy because I can just swim along the sides and scrub away which is far more fun than using a brush from outside the pool. :-D
I purchased it at a pool store and I don't know the brand name. I need another.

Wow. I wish I could only brush once a week. It's dusty here in the desert so my pool gets a brown haze on the bottom every couple of days. I sweep about 3 to 4 times per week. We also get dust storms occasionally. That sucks but it's actually kind of interesting watching your pool turn brown in minutes right before your eyes.
I'm picky though. I see a little discoloration on my plaster pool and I'm brushing the entire pool. I can't remember the last time I didn't brush for 3 days in a row. I'm guessing last March.
The dust around here is one of the few drawbacks to living in the desert.

Figured I would bump this rather than make a new thread. Any other brushes that people have used besides the Wall Whale? Just want to see what options are out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.