Splashless Bleach Question

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
I accidently picked this up at the store and have used it in my pool. Is this type of bleach adding unwanted things to my pool? It says concentrated and I assume it is 8.25%, but it does not list it on the bottle at all. It is Clorox brand and not an off brand. Hopefully I have not messed anything up too much.

Thanks.

Stop using it as it may make your water foam. It will however subside in time and is not harmful given you just started using. Chemgeek had a recent post about it, but can't find it at the moment.

dmanb2b said:
Stop using it as it may make your water foam. It will however subside in time and is not harmful given you just started using. Chemgeek had a recent post about it, but can't find it at the moment.

I found her post here just now

concentrated-bleach-t52758.html?hilit=splashless

chem geek said:
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

The sodium hydroxide is normal and is not the cause of foaming. Are you sure you got regular Clorox, even if more concentrated? It sounds like maybe you got the splashless or outdoor varieties. The following are the new concentrated Clorox bleaches:

OK to use:
Clorox® Concentrated Regular Bleach
Clorox® Concentrated Germicidal Bleach

DO NOT USE:
Clorox® Gentlebleach (not yet concentrated)
Clorox® Concentrated Scented Bleach
Clorox® UltimateCare® Bleach (not yet concentrated)
Clorox® Concentrated Splash-less Bleach
Clorox® Concentrated Outdoor Bleach
Clorox® Concentrated High Efficiency Bleach

I only used 80 ounces and noticed it. Should I just run a higher level of the regular stuff to get it up. I have 3 bottles of the non splashless bleach which would bring my FC level up about 10.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.