Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie about to build a pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie about to build a pool!

Hi everyone!

My doctors have told me I have to do water therapy every day, so I'm starting to get quotes for a pool in my back yard (see how I made that leap from "have to go swimming daily" to "would love to have my own pool"?!). I don't know if we're going to be able to afford it, but I'm hopeful. I've no interest in doing this half-a***ed, but neither do I want something enormously extravagant.

Would it be alright if I posted one or two of the better quotes, so someone here could give me advice as to what I may be missing, or otherwise "heading down the wrong path" about? Any advice from this experienced forum would be deeply appreciated and, if we do go ahead with the project, we will gladly post pics!

Nick
    Newbie, just beginning to get the right pool configuration! Plan is for 16,600 gallons, Cartridge filter, IG, medium plaster.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie about to build a pool!

Welcome to the forum. Post your quotes. Many of us have been there and done that, and you an learn from our mistakes.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

There's some pretty big above ground pools on the market, and you might find them at end-of-season blowout prices. You could be swimming within days instead of months.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Welcome to the forum. Post your quotes. Many of us have been there and done that, and you an learn from our mistakes.
    Which thread should I post my quotes in to? Don't want to gum up the wrong thread!
    Newbie, just beginning to get the right pool configuration! Plan is for 16,600 gallons, Cartridge filter, IG, medium plaster.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum. "Just getting Started" forum will work fine.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Thanks!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    I don't seem to be getting any sort of response to my posting in "Just Getting Started". Perhaps my posting content contravened a forum rule? I hope I didn't write anything inappropriate!:
    pre-build-checklist-t53097.html