Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: stainless steel brushes

1. Back To Top    #1

Parrish, FL

stainless steel brushes

I have the smaller stainless steel brush I got at pinch a penney. After some use I noticed a piece of bristle in the bottom of the pool 2 or 3 times. One stuck in our grandsons foot. I'm not sure of the brand but did I just end up with a cheap brush or is that more common with steel brushes? Will I have that issue with a combo brush also? Using it on pebbletec.

11,000 gal., Cartridge filter, IG SWG, pebbletec, pentair 2hp, 150gpm, sf 1.1

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: stainless steel brushes

I lose bristles out of my small "algae" brush. It's maybe 6" wide and has some stiff bristles. The wide brush doesn't seem to lose them, and I haven't noticed any bald spots on the wall whale nylon brush. I suspect it's just a cheap brush, or the bristles are too stiff and they break instead of flexing. I stopped using it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

It is inevitable to not have bristles fall out, especially with time. Things can make it happen faster though, like leaving it in the sun, or heavy usage. The quality might be a question but I have used a Brush from Leslies and a Brush from Sams they lasted the same.

4. Back To Top    #4

Can someone recommend a good brand?
    33k IG plaster
    Advantage pool pump 1.5 hp
    Compupool cpsc36
    Hayward / Leslie superclear CF 150sq/ft