Help with setup

Jun 30, 2012
Here are photos of my pump/filtration setup:

20120908121352.jpg

The port for the vacuum:
20120908121326.jpg

My question is about the two valves. I know one has some control over the skimmer but here is my problem..

I recently added a salt system, and when they did it they turned one or both of the valves because the water was low and I was not here at the time so when I came back the skimmer was not working. I got the skimmer working again, however my vacuum navigator thing no longer works when it is connected to the port for it. It seems to not be getting enough suction to move. Now if I take it out of there and connect it to the skimmer it works fine.

Could someone help me with this?

I've tried turning both both ways. The middle one when it is in the position its in now makes the pump have a strange noise like a bunch of air rushing through it. Also when it is in that position it makes the vacuum run faster when it is connected to the skimmer. Has no effect on the actual vacuum port though.

You need to spend some time figuring out what each of the suction lines go to.

Since the middle one increases flow through the skimmer it's either the vacuum line or the main drain.

Did you have the vacuum plugged into the port when you opened the valve?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.