new liner next spring, plus digging out center??

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hey all

well looks like it's pool closing time here in Wisconsin! we are getting down below 50F at night, and only hitting mid 70's in the day.

I am going to need to replace my overlap liner on my 33ft diam. round AGP next spring...we had some really heavy rains this summer, and my rain gutter failed on one side of my house, and I had some heavy rains wash against one side of my pool and wash out under the pool liner where the sand cover was, and so the liner stretched down into the divots in that area and developed 8-10 small holes that I've been patching the last 3 weeks or so. I think I've got everything patched now with no more leaking.

Anyway....I will be replacing my liner in the spring, and at that time I want to DIG out the center down to 6ft as well...so we have a "deep" section to our round pool. Now, my question is, can you still use happy feet, or other "pool bottom liner" material in a pool that is dug in the middle?

Thanks for any help, or comments or suggestions.

Dan

I don't see why you couldn't. It seems to me that you'd have to cut and patch to get it in right before dropping the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.