when to replace liner?

Jul 8, 2012
Northampton, PA
Purchased my home last year with an above ground pool. The pool liner is very faded light blue. There was a mat underneath my wedding cake style steps last summer when we purchased and there was a pattern on the liner floor that is no longer visible anywhere else. There is also some wrinkling on the floor of the liner. How do I know when its time to get a new liner? It is not leaking anywhere. I do not know how old my pool is but judging by the condition of the top rails and the breakdown of the rail caps it certainly appears to be older. Several of the rail caps are completely broken off and more are missing the tabs which hold them in place. Would it be more worthwhile to just rip down the old pool and rebuild than change out the liner? Sorry no pics but when I try to upload them the file size is always too large.

I'd say if you have the money and don't know the history go ahead and replace with a liner of your choice....however if it isn't leaking and you don't have money to throw at a liner...I'd swim in it and use it until it developed a leak or something. Just my thoughts.

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.