Location filter + pump above water level

Most AGP pumps are designed to be below the water level to ensure priming. If you are going to locate the pump above the water level, priming becomes questionable ... with some work you might get it flowing. But, you most likely will want to use a pump designed for an in-ground pool that has the capability of generating a low enough pressure at the impeller to allow priming.

Something I have seen that I thought was nice was they dug a separate hole for the pump/filter that was just below water line and big enough to step into and do any maintenance. They also covered it with a door like thing like you see in cellars. I wished I would have taken pictures, but it was raining so much I was not sure you could see anything. It was at a house for sale that I went to look at. It was advertised as a IGP but when noticed right away that it was a AGP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.