Odd question but why is my water clear?

The story:

Hurricane Issac caused power in my neighborhood to go out at around 5PM Tuesday August 28th. During the hurricane the winds blew leaves debris and shingles in my pool. It is now September 7th. Due to many circumstances I have not been able to clean out the debris in the pool therefore I have not turned on the pump or added any chemicals. since August 28th.

The question is, why is the water clear? There is no visible algae on the floor, walls, stairs, or any spot I can see. Plenty of leaves twigs and shingles line the bottom of the pool and normally after several days of no chemicals I have a green pool.

Other than the obvious non existant chlorine and TA being a bit low the numbers look OK.

Numbers taken yesterday:
PH 7.6
FC 0
CC 0
TA 70

CYA at the beginning of the summer was 35. I haven't checked it lately but I have used bleach almost exclusively other than the occasional vacation or busy time I rely on pucks.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. I plan on getting in there today to clear out debris, run the pump and add bleach. Just wondering what is going on or if there is some hidden reason/danger I need to be aware of.

Here are some pics of the water/debris. They are upside down for some reason, sorry if this gives anyone vertigo. :wink:

poolleave.JPG

poolleave2.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.