I read Pool school but......

amd250

Jun 18, 2011
The list below is from a winterizing kit: I only need the algaecide according to pool school?

1 qt. Algaecide
1 pt. Metal Out
1.2 Lb. Floating Slow-Dissolving Winter Oxidizing Tablets
1 Lb. Non-Chlorine Oxi Shock
FREE Sun Sorb Bright Scum Absorber

You may not really "need" algaecide, but a lot of people use it as insurance. Besides that, not just any algaecide. Make sure it's polyquat 60. A lot of algaecides contain copper and can cause staining expecially over winter.

1. Raise the FC to shock level.
2. Add dose of Polyquat (optional).
3. Disconnect or blow out the lines and equipment & seal them off.
3. Put winter cover cover on pool.

That's really about all there is to it. There's a few intermediate steps like, clean filter, remove and store swg, remove pump, etc. depending on your particular location and situation.

i didn't buy anything yet. But since it's and intex pool, I will be keeping the cover off during the winter, should I do anything different. It's my first year trying to keep it up in the winter. I am going to use a cover until the first snow. Should I put anything in it during the winter months. Or just leave it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.