Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic Cleaner, not cleaning?

1. Back To Top    #1

Automatic Cleaner, not cleaning?

I have a Barracuda Classic that came with the pool. It has a pressure regulator attachment that is supposed to go on between the hose and the skimmer inlet. With it connected in any setting, the cleaner wil not work. My local pool store advised it is fine to hook directly to the skimmer.

So I did, it seems to be working as designed, there is a pulse in the line and the cleaner meanders around the pool. It will clean what it runs right over.

My chief conplaint is, even if in the pool for 3-4 hours, I can barely tell its done anything. The ouside edge is nice and clean, and a few paths on the bottom. It seems to not be random and get caught in a pattern.

I am using the barracuda sectional hose. The weight it where it should be, 1.5 meters back from the unit.

Any ideers?
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

That's a pretty big pool for a suction-side cleaner. They tend to be pretty slow and work a little better in smaller pools. I fought and fought with my suction side in my large pool for years and finally bit the bullet for a big robotic cleaner........night and day difference.

That said, you might go online for adjustment directions or call tech support.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks Dave, that is my next step. I was (still am) hoping its something simple as I really don't want to spend the money on a new cleaner right now. As it stands, I'm not going to bother with it as I can get the whole pool manually vacuumed in about 1 beers time.
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator