Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aqualink Power Center

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aqualink Power Center

I have a Jandy Aqualink RS4 (I think) power center. It has for relays and they are all occupied. It appears as if the cabinet has places for 4 more relays, and 4 unused Aux connection plugs labeled 5-8. Does anyone know if I can just buy an additional relay and control one more output device, or is this unit maxed out at 4 relay/devices? I am an electrician, by the way. I just can't seem to locate this information.

Thanks in advance,
    29,000 gal rectangular Pebble Sheen in ground pool with raised spillover spa,3hp Pentair variable speed pump, Polaris 280 cleaner with booster pump, Pentair 520 cartridge filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 heater, Stenner 45MPHP10 Peristaltic Pump, TF-100 Test Kit & Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy Aqualink Power Center

Quote Originally Posted by cwuffman
    I have a Jandy Aqualink RS4 (I think) power center. It has for relays and they are all occupied. It appears as if the cabinet has places for 4 more relays, and 4 unused Aux connection plugs labeled 5-8. Does anyone know if I can just buy an additional relay and control one more output device, or is this unit maxed out at 4 relay/devices? I am an electrician, by the way. I just can't seem to locate this information.

Thanks in advance,
    The chip controlling the functions of an RS-4 does not support more than four relays, nor does the controller. You can replace the chip with an RS-6 or RS-8 chip, and the controller with the matching controller, however Jandy will charge you an arm and a leg for the parts. (the board in the outdoor box is the same for all the units).
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy Aqualink Power Center

Qwaxalot: Thanks for the help. That's what I was afraid of. I hoped to run my peristaltic pump through the Aqualink, but it looks like an outdoor timer will be a lot cheaper. Oh, well! Back to the drawing board.
    29,000 gal rectangular Pebble Sheen in ground pool with raised spillover spa,3hp Pentair variable speed pump, Polaris 280 cleaner with booster pump, Pentair 520 cartridge filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 heater, Stenner 45MPHP10 Peristaltic Pump, TF-100 Test Kit & Speedstir