Pulling the plug

MK1985

Jul 9, 2011
Webster,Wi
With the nights getting so cool and not having a heater that works we are going to shut the pool down for the year, the little woman is crying as I type. But we have things to do with the pool so now is a good time. When we installed it 2 seasons ago I just put down some sand and it was ok but the bottom developed humps and holes so we are going to put a cement slab under it this fall. Some questions, the salt water, is it bad for the lawn? I can pump it out to the woods behind the pool but with it being so dry I thought we could put some on the grass, will it do harm? I also plan to put the pool back up after the cement cures and add some water back to get it ready for spring but without chemicals, is that a bad idea or should I wait till spring? I won't have the pump and swg hooked up because of freeze up so I have no way to pump water to circulate the chemicals so I am unsure of what to do, help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.