Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Propane Hearter

1. Back To Top    #1

New Propane Hearter

Earlier this summer I was given a Raypak hearter that was about 10 years old, when it did run it worked fine but would quit alot. So we have decided that we are going to purchase a new heater. Being that we have a salt water pool is it necessary to buy one that is for a salt pool or will any heater work as long as water levels are good?
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New Propane Hearter

I would strongly recommend that you get a heater with a cupro-nickel heat exchanger. It doesn't add much cost, and substantially extends the life of the heat exchanger (the most expensive part of a heater).
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaxalot
    I would strongly recommend that you get a heater with a cupro-nickel heat exchanger. It doesn't add much cost, and substantially extends the life of the heat exchanger (the most expensive part of a heater).
    Is there any place better then the other for ordering a heater, we have ordered things from Doheny's in the past but was wondering if I should go through a place that sells just heaters.
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

It is not necessary to get the cupro nickel unit as long as you keep your chemicals in balance. You might want to consider a unit that has a two year warranty such as one of the Pentair models. I prefer Raypak/Rheem as they are the simplest units and usually have the least amount of issues with them.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,