Standard first tests for unknown pool history?

I suppose it would not hurt if you have the tests available ...

I guess I was coming at this like a residential owner, maybe you are thinking more of a business venture where it might be worthwhile to cover everything so that problems do not develop unexpectedly (like metal staining starting, etc)

Well, just friends pools for now. I think I've maintained my saltwater pool pretty well for the past 4 years. Managed to keep the 2003 Autopilot control working even though the early ones have issues, bad capacitors, running hot etc. I don't have a cage so it is a little more maintenance and testing.
But yes, If I am going to look after other pools I don't want to overlook something that would cause problems down the road.
Guess that comes from being a long time mechanic.

Mike

I would test for borates, copper, iron and salt besides the normal tests. Just to cover the bases. I wouldn't worry about the MPS test unless you have reasong to believe (i.e. MPS container) they've been using it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.