HELP PLEASE with a Perfectemp heater

Jun 23, 2012
St Pete FL
I am taking care of a pool for a guy who lives out of state. The heater does not seem to work correctly. At first it was because the water bypass was turned off. Now that the water is running thru it turns on but then temp seems to be the same. Turned the pump on yesterday it ran it's normal 6 hours, 10 am -4pm, went back today and temp was the same as when I left yesterday. Is it possible it cooled down that much after the pump stopped running? Outside temp is 86-92 , the pool temp is cooler than the outside air temp. The pool is 15,000-20,000 in a screened in area that does not get alot of direct sun. When it does run there is cool air coming out of the top where the fan blows. I can hear water circulating thru it.
The heater is a Perfectemp model HP-6 not sure how old it is.
I am going back now to switch it to the spa and see if that will heat up since it is a smaller area. If that doesn't work what is next???

Re: Perfectemp heater

If there is no heat coming out of the exhaust then it is not lighting. Could be any number of things. Is the Gas turned on? The power seems to be on as you can feel air coming out the exhaust.

Re: Perfectemp heater

Yes it is. The way I understand it, it works along the same principal as an a/c unit. Only heats rather than cools, hence the cool air coming out of the top fan area. I switched it last night to only heat the spa and put in a thermometer. Went back this AM after it had ran for 14 hours with no temp. change. Any ideas or suggestions now??? :?
I would post a picture of what I am dealing with but cannot figure out how to do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.