Coping suggestions?

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
Looking for ideas for coping... I have poured over hundreds of pictures with still nothing.

We are using a lot of moss rock on one side of the pool. And we are using EP Henry pewter blend pavers on the other 3 sides. The stone my PB usually uses is a tumbled blue stone... we like it a lot! But it has too much blue compared to the pewter blend pavers. It is tumbled all 4 sides... no bull nose. We like that. Is there any other natural looking stone that can be used for coping that is predominantly gray? Most paver manufacturers only have bull nose pieces for coping.

Went to look at some other natural stone options today. Saw a product called brownstone. It is like bluestone but less blue and more purple... I googles it for pool coping and found NOTHING. I am wondering is this is a local product or just not good to use for pool coping... seems strange that I get no hits at all on it. It is in sheets and would have to be templated and cut. They recommended 2' pieces. But the cost adds up fast for the stone, cutting, bullnose, etc. Anyone familiar with this?

Has anyone ever used this? I am finding it hard to find anything about it online... or it's suitability for coping on a salt water pool. I have been told it is a hard stone like bluestone... I'd love to hear from anyone who has used it anywhere in your yard.

Here is a picture... top is EP Henry Pewter Gray paver that we are using for deck... next down is three coping samples... left is bluestone and right two are brownstone. Next is two tile choices we are looking at... and then the diamondbrite pieces below that.

We are leaning toward the left tile and the left diamondbrite (french gray).

It looks like the bluestone is too close to the paver gray... looks like we tried to match but it did not work. The brownstone adds a slightly different shade to contrast (may be too much contrast?). It has a "thermal" textured surface so it will not be slippery.

We need to decide on a rough pool edge (as pictured) or top edge half bullnose or full bullnose on pool side. Does anyone have the rough edge (rock faced) on their coping? We like the look, but is it too rough on legs when sitting or getting in or out? How about half bullnose? It costs more for full bullnose, but I almost think half would look unfinished. I have not been able to find any pictures of half bullnose coping.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Coping8.JPG
    Coping8.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 257
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.