Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: can you tell when someone pees in the pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

can you tell when someone pees in the pool?

Usually when I get out of my pool I dont smell like chloramines at all. We had a party over labor day and I noticed that two of the kids were not leaving the pool to go to the bathroom. At the end of the day I definitely had a much stronger chloramine smell. Is pee from two kids enough to cause this?
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: can you tell when someone pees in the pool?

It was probably just the high bather load and your chlorine doing it's job.
    18x36 inground vinyl lined, Hayward sand filter and tablet chrolinator, approx 18k gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you notice a higher than expected chlorine demand? If so it could be from the kids. There also could have been more than just the two.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Did you notice a higher than expected chlorine demand? If so it could be from the kids. There also could have been more than just the two.
    hah could be, but everyone else at least got out to use the bathroom. I dont measure my chlorine all the time, I just added about half a gallon of 8% at the end of the day.
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating