Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FAS-DPD CC Test Only Possible?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland

FAS-DPD CC Test Only Possible?

Hi all, I have a Palintest 7100 Photometer, which includes a Chlorine DPD-HR (High Range) Test (for TC to 250ppm,) is testing for CC only with a FAS-DPD Palintest SP-400 Oxystop possible or is it necessary to test FC first? The Palintest SP-400 has powder, DPD Reagent, Oxystop Re-agent and DPD No3 Reagent.

If I could do the CC test using the FAS-DPD only, then I could go ahead and get the reagents for the TC HR Test on the photometer, which would work out cheaper (and faster) than using drop reagent when pools are at Chlorine levels above the normal DPD range of 0-5ppm

Stuart Murray
    Scotland UK

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: FAS-DPD CC Test Only Possible?

While some of the names you listed I am not familiar with (Oxystop, etc), I am pretty sure that you have to test the FC before the CC with the FAS-DPD test.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Just try it and see if the two results match.
    18K Gals, Intelliflo VSD, Pentair Catridge, SWG, Solar & Gas Heat, Pebble Tec, Jandy AquaLinks, Pool Pal for Android.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Using the FAS/DPD test, it is not possible to get a CC result without first getting an FC result.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School