Covered Pergola

AzBlk

Sep 26, 2008
I have been lurking around this site for years mainly just reading and admiring other projects. I have just completed a covered pergola and here goes.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

Very nice. The only problem I can see is that based on the palm trees you are way too far away for me to sample the output of your smokers.

Wow! exactly what I have been wanting. I have been researching and studying plans for the same type of pergola. Thanks again for the awesome photos and pics of your plans. I'm in the desert southwest so it may be a few more weeks before it's cool enough for me to get started. :hammer:

That looks great.

Question about the brick wall - is that something people do in the south and why? Here in MN we get excited :hammer: when someone puts up a solid fence in the neighborhood - ruins the view and it's hard to get to know the neighbors. Although maybe that's the plan :oops:

I'm surprised that they let you build that right on the lot line. Here, you have to stay five feet off the side and ten off the back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
blondemarcello said:
That looks great.

Question about the brick wall - is that something people do in the south and why? Here in MN we get excited :hammer: when someone puts up a solid fence in the neighborhood - ruins the view and it's hard to get to know the neighbors. Although maybe that's the plan :oops:

In planned communities here in the southwest, many of the houses are only 10 feet apart. Five foot privacy walls are very common. When I lived in New England on an acre or so, they weren't needed, but here they make sense, and my privacy wall doesn't block my view of the surrounding mountains. Views are different out here.

chiefwej said:
In planned communities here in the southwest, many of the houses are only 10 feet apart. Five foot privacy walls are very common. When I lived in New England on an acre or so, they weren't needed, but here they make sense, and my privacy wall doesn't block my view of the surrounding mountains. Views are different out here.

Not to mention it keeps out the coyotes and usually the bobcats.

Actually I looked out one morning to see a bobcat walking down the top of my back wall. So it won't keep them out but it does work for the javelina, coyotes and helps a bit with the snakes.

chiefwej said:
Actually I looked out one morning to see a bobcat walking down the top of my back wall. So it won't keep them out but it does work for the javelina, coyotes and helps a bit with the snakes.

I suspect that blondemarcello from Michigan is not aware of just how wild the wildlife in Tucson can be. And how much they would like to take a dip in that pool. So, most of the fences are made out of brick like that. Especially along the washes, which are the ways the illegals travel as well.

One time we were there, we were not allowed to hike in Sabino Canyon because of 2 or 3 cougars that were out and about. It unnerved the nearby elementary school crossing guard when one of the young cougars sat out in the open watching the children go to school. ("Mmm, kindergarteners, just the right size and not too fast.") Not too cool, they are supposed to know to stay out of sight. Very hard to see one if it wants to be unseen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.