Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Covered Pergola

1. Back To Top    #1

Covered Pergola

I have been lurking around this site for years mainly just reading and admiring other projects. I have just completed a covered pergola and here goes.

25000 inground gunite , sand filter with zeobrite sand, 1.5 hp hayward centurion pump, barracuda X7 suction cleaner, 4 deck jets, one aerator, ozone generator.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Covered Pergola

Nicely done!

Pueblo West
    Colorado
    New pool owner!

3. Back To Top    #3

Very nice. The only problem I can see is that based on the palm trees you are way too far away for me to sample the output of your smokers.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome job!! Thanks for sharing the pics!
    28,500K, 520sqft cartridge filter, prism quartz pebble antigua, Pentair Intelliflo SWG, Pentair Legend Platinum robot, date TBD

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow! exactly what I have been wanting. I have been researching and studying plans for the same type of pergola. Thanks again for the awesome photos and pics of your plans. I'm in the desert southwest so it may be a few more weeks before it's cool enough for me to get started.
    10,000 gallons IG Freeform, 8ft raised spa,pebble finish
    FNS 60 Sqft DE Filter,2HP Whisperflow for Pool/Spa filtering
    2HP Whisperflow for Spa jets
    1HP Whisperflow for Waterfall
    Master Temp 400,000 Btu Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

That looks great.

Question about the brick wall - is that something people do in the south and why? Here in MN we get excited when someone puts up a solid fence in the neighborhood - ruins the view and it's hard to get to know the neighbors. Although maybe that's the plan
    blondemarcello
    18x33 16,700 gallon AG
    Sand, TFP Test, Gas heater
    Minnesota

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I'm surprised that they let you build that right on the lot line. Here, you have to stay five feet off the side and ten off the back.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice job! What did you cover it with?
    18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrassman
    Sun Screen shade cloth available at home depot
    25000 inground gunite , sand filter with zeobrite sand, 1.5 hp hayward centurion pump, barracuda X7 suction cleaner, 4 deck jets, one aerator, ozone generator.

10. Back To Top    #10

Nice job!!! Time to do mine!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by AzBlk
    Sun Screen shade cloth available at home depot
    Thanks. That looks great. How did you attach the sunscreen?
    18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

12. Back To Top    #12

Wood fastners brand name is easy garden also available at home depot

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by AzBlk

Wood fastners brand name is easy garden also available at home depot
    thanks. might be another spring project on my hands next year....
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by blondemarcello
    That looks great.

Question about the brick wall - is that something people do in the south and why? Here in MN we get excited when someone puts up a solid fence in the neighborhood - ruins the view and it's hard to get to know the neighbors. Although maybe that's the plan
    In planned communities here in the southwest, many of the houses are only 10 feet apart. Five foot privacy walls are very common. When I lived in New England on an acre or so, they weren't needed, but here they make sense, and my privacy wall doesn't block my view of the surrounding mountains. Views are different out here.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej
    In planned communities here in the southwest, many of the houses are only 10 feet apart. Five foot privacy walls are very common. When I lived in New England on an acre or so, they weren't needed, but here they make sense, and my privacy wall doesn't block my view of the surrounding mountains. Views are different out here.
    Not to mention it keeps out the coyotes and usually the bobcats.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

Actually I looked out one morning to see a bobcat walking down the top of my back wall. So it won't keep them out but it does work for the javelina, coyotes and helps a bit with the snakes.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej
    Actually I looked out one morning to see a bobcat walking down the top of my back wall. So it won't keep them out but it does work for the javelina, coyotes and helps a bit with the snakes.
    I suspect that blondemarcello from Michigan is not aware of just how wild the wildlife in Tucson can be. And how much they would like to take a dip in that pool. So, most of the fences are made out of brick like that. Especially along the washes, which are the ways the illegals travel as well.

One time we were there, we were not allowed to hike in Sabino Canyon because of 2 or 3 cougars that were out and about. It unnerved the nearby elementary school crossing guard when one of the young cougars sat out in the open watching the children go to school. ("Mmm, kindergarteners, just the right size and not too fast.") Not too cool, they are supposed to know to stay out of sight. Very hard to see one if it wants to be unseen.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.