Spa Draining. How to set Jandy Actuator?

Sep 4, 2012
[Split by moderator - Please ask questions in your own thread. I also removed your personal information. - jblizzle]

Scott - You seem to be the expert so here is my question. I NEED HELP PLEEEEASSSEE and thank you

I have a Spa and Pool. I replaced one of the Jandy valve actuators. The one that controls the Main Drain between the Pool and the Spa. The pipes are set up so that "9 o'clock" is the Spa Main Drain, "6 o'clock" is the Pool Main Drain, and Noon is the outflow from the main drains. The actuator rotates 180 degrees from a position of open for both spa drain and main drain and out flow, (i.e. positioned at "3 o'clock") to 180 degrees to closing the Spa Main Drain.

The jandy valve actuator on the Return is positioned so that it rotates 180 degrees. Either returning to the Spa or returning to the Pool.

My question is, how should the actuators be set so that the spa works. The system works fine when the pool is running, but when the spa is turned on, the spa drains. I think that the issue is that the new actuator on the Main drains is rotating 180 degrees and not 90 degrees. If this is the solution, how do I adjust this. If this is not the issue, please advise

thanks
Jack

The best way for the 3-ways to be installed is with the middle port going to the common pipe (suction to pump or return from filter). The way it sounds like yours is set up does not allow you to throttle the suction as you can not partially close the pool or spa and leave the other fully open.

Anyway ... there are internal cams that tell the actuator when to stop rotating. It sounds like you need to adjust them so the valve rotates how you want it to. It should be changed so you only have suction from the spa or the pool at any given time.

Check out page 7-8 in the manual:
http://www.poolstore.com/store1/equipme ... manual.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.