Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much polyquat 60

1. Back To Top    #1

How much polyquat 60

Getting ready to close pool for the first time but can't find how much polyquat 60 to add to pool. My pool is 19,800 gallons.
    N Virginia
    -Leisure Moroccan 38' Fiberglass
    -19,800 Gallons
    -Pentair EasyTouch 4 w/IC40 Chlorinator,VS3050 Pump, Clean&Clear Plus 320 Cartridge Filter,Prowler 720 Robot Cleaner
    -1 Skimmer/ 3 Returns/2 Drains/2" Piping
    -3 Fiberstar Pal Treo LED lights/Wirtran
    -TF100 TestKit

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: How much polyquat 60

I would close with at maximum amount allowed on the label which is the "visible algae" amount which is 16 ounces per 10,000 gallons. Just keep in mind that it will create a chlorine demand of around 3.5 ppm FC and that such chlorine demand is independent of pool volume, assuming you are scaling up the dosing of Polyquat per the instructions. See this post for the closing instructions from Buckman Labs. So after you've added the Polyquat, you may need to bring up the FC level again to compensate (depending on how much FC you started with before adding the Polyquat).
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"