Bubles every where!!

Mike_G

Sep 4, 2012
Hi All
I am quite frustrated at this stage
running the pool normally with out the "kreepy" - there are some bubles at the inlet jets- but the suction is good
If I connect my "kreepy" it cleans for about 5 -10 seconds and then the pump start to labour
I have already replaced the following in order:
1 - sand - and seal on top of sandfilter -
2 - Selector switch and station
3 - the cover in pool weir
4 - tested the kreepy pipes - no leaks - also checked the diafram on the "kreepy" replaced with new one
5 - replaced the cover for the filter just infront of the pool pump

none of the above has helped
The pool is not loosing any water -
what do you suggest I check next - pump or the pipes that runs from the weir to the pump

any help please!!

You have a suction side air leak. Somewhere between your skimmer and the pump, air is being sucked into your system. Find that leak and the bubbles will stop.

While it can be the underground pipes, it almost never is.

When you hook up the kreepy and the pump starts to "labor", do you mean there are increased bubbles in the pump strainer basket? If that's the case, your hose to the kreepy may be adding to the problem by sucking in even more air.

Before digging up pipes, I would make sure the leak is not at the pump strainer gasket (#1 culprit) or some other above ground fitting on the suction side. Make sure the gasket is well lubbed (with silicone or teflon lub) and if that does not work, then try pouring water over the pumping joints on the suction side while the pump is running to see if that eliminates the air leak (I have also used a wet towel to seal air leaks at joints.).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.