Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubles every where!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubles every where!!

Hi All
    I am quite frustrated at this stage
    running the pool normally with out the "kreepy" - there are some bubles at the inlet jets- but the suction is good
    If I connect my "kreepy" it cleans for about 5 -10 seconds and then the pump start to labour
    I have already replaced the following in order:
    1 - sand - and seal on top of sandfilter -
    2 - Selector switch and station
    3 - the cover in pool weir
    4 - tested the kreepy pipes - no leaks - also checked the diafram on the "kreepy" replaced with new one
    5 - replaced the cover for the filter just infront of the pool pump

none of the above has helped
    The pool is not loosing any water -
    what do you suggest I check next - pump or the pipes that runs from the weir to the pump

any help please!!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Bubles every where!!

Welcome to the forum. . Is there air or bubbles visible in the pump strainer basket?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi
    yes there are some bubles that I can see but not a lot
    thx for the quick reply

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

You have a suction side air leak. Somewhere between your skimmer and the pump, air is being sucked into your system. Find that leak and the bubbles will stop.

While it can be the underground pipes, it almost never is.

When you hook up the kreepy and the pump starts to "labor", do you mean there are increased bubbles in the pump strainer basket? If that's the case, your hose to the kreepy may be adding to the problem by sucking in even more air.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi

the kreepy is a new kreepy as well as the pipes - for a test I used the next door neighbours pipes - same thing
    guess I will have to dig up between the weir and the pump
    thx

6. Back To Top    #6

Before digging up pipes, I would make sure the leak is not at the pump strainer gasket (#1 culprit) or some other above ground fitting on the suction side. Make sure the gasket is well lubbed (with silicone or teflon lub) and if that does not work, then try pouring water over the pumping joints on the suction side while the pump is running to see if that eliminates the air leak (I have also used a wet towel to seal air leaks at joints.).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

You can use shaving cream to find your leaks too... I tried everything and that worked best for me )
    24,000 gal Paddock concrete/plaster pool, 3M colorquartz plaster, 2hp Pentair Whisperflow main pump, 1.75hp Pentair Whisperflow floor cleaning pump, PCC2000, O3 Generator, Pool Frog XL, there's nothing alive in my pool except me, 400 sq ft SmartPool solar collector, 6ft deep end, approx. 18'x 40' dimensions with a 6'x8' Baja step in the shallow end.