Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC Off The Chart

1. Back To Top    #1

FC Off The Chart

Trying to convert my spa to BBB this weekend but due to a comedy of errors I ended up overshooting FC (off the charts). My Taylor kit ran out of chlorine reagent and I trusted some test strips. I did go and find some reagent and when I tested it was off the charts.

Should I let it come down naturally or should I drain some water?

I was initially using Dichlor to introduce CYA but I'm not sure where I'm at with that now. I will have to do a CYA test when things settle out.

Does it pay to try and balance PH and TA with FC so high?

Thanks for the help Jim
    17500 gallon Sharkline Morada PUR RTR 18X40 54 tall, 1.5 Hayward cartridge filter,

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: FC Off The Chart

Hot tubs tend to loose about 25% FC per day, so you can figure out from that how long until the FC is back in normal ranges. Usually do not take too long.

Do not adjust ph when the FC is over 10 ppm, it will read high.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.