Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help, Algae Cleanup

1. Back To Top    #1

Help, Algae Cleanup

Hello to everyone out there. My husband and I just registered this afternoon. I am sorry to butt in on someone else's post, but embarrassingly, I do not know how to post (never posted or asked a question of anyone via internet before) and it seems I have to post via someone else's topic of the same nature. If I have this wrong, please be kind to me and tell me how to start my own post. We are at our wit's end with our pool or shall I say "swamp" and can't get an FC reading after adding 3 one gallon jugs of liquid chlorine since Sat. aft. I understand we need to post test result so I will provide what I can.

TC: 3
    TC: not registering or at the very least 0.5
    pH: Between 6.8 and 7.2
    TA: between 80 and 120
    CYA: 0 or close to it

I do not have any fancy testing kits and yes, I think I will have to invest in one, but presently, our pool's well-being is reliant upon these test strips.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Help, Algae Cleanup

I split your post to your own topic. Bama

You're right, you need a good test kit. It's almost impossible to shock properly with strips. You could pick up the HTH 6-way test kit at Walmart and it'll get you started.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Help, Algae Cleanup

Thank you, Bama, for the individual post.