Aqua Rite SWG Problems and Pentair Solution?

Rone

Sep 3, 2012
Poway, CA
My Aqua Rite chlorinator is giving me fits. The salt meter is stating 2300 ppm and that is incorrect according to a pool test with salt strip reading and a calibrated salt meter reader. I’ve changed out the flow sensor and T15 cell to the old ones I had in 2008 and get the same readings. I’ve reset the meter numerous times and it settles on 2300 to 2500 after a while. I really hate to throw more money at this device after reading all the problems others are having with this device. I could replace the boards and maybe that would fix it for 3 or 4 years then I’d just be going through this again.
Besides just sharing my disappointment with Hayward, Golding, and Aqua Rite I seeking any last ideas to reset the salt meter to an accurate reading.

Current controller readings are:
2500 ppm salt
83 temp
27.1 cell volts (seems high, 22.0 to 25.0 normal)
1.51 cell current (seems low, 4.5 to 7.8 normal)
99P output
-300 salinity
AL-0
R1.40 software

There seems to be fewer posts of problems with the Pentair IntellIChlor IC40; would this be an improvement in quality and longevity? I have an IntelliFlow variable speed pump and IntelliLogic indoor controller so maybe dumping Aqua Rite for Pentair would be a good way to go.

Your thought would be appreciated. Thanks for providing this forum; I’ve learned a lot.

I thought I'd give you an update even though no one had any comments so far. I ordered a new T-15 cell and everything is back to normal. The salt reading is accurate and the cell is pumping out chlorine. So if anyone else is having this trouble with a 4-year old cell it might be time to replace it.

If anyone is interested I purchased the cell online at Pool Supply World for $435.99 list price and for saying I like them on Facebook I got a 5% discount off that price. It arrived in 5 days.

Rone said:
I thought I'd give you an update even though no one had any comments so far. I ordered a new T-15 cell and everything is back to normal. The salt reading is accurate and the cell is pumping out chlorine. So if anyone else is having this trouble with a 4-year old cell it might be time to replace it.

If anyone is interested I purchased the cell online at Pool Supply World for $435.99 list price and for saying I like them on Facebook I got a 5% discount off that price. It arrived in 5 days.

just reading this. was your cell dirty? usually a dirty scaled cell will give you a low reading. try cleaning the cell with 1:4 acid to water..then reinstall. wait 24 hrs and check salt reading. if salt reading is still low cell might be shorted but you would have got a "hot" reading if that was the case. maybe you have a back up cell now that just needs a cleaning.

Btw the CompuPool T15 replacement cell is cheaper and see-though so you can keep an eye on it to see if its getting scale and adjust C.S.I. to keep it clean.

I did all the cleanings, switched the flow sensor, reset the meter; everything everyone recommends on other posts on the same system except change out boards. When I thought about changing boards I decided I'd get some other system instead; like the Pentair. With the new cell everything is great again. Thanks for the recommendation though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.