Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite SWG Problems and Pentair Solution?

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite SWG Problems and Pentair Solution?

My Aqua Rite chlorinator is giving me fits. The salt meter is stating 2300 ppm and that is incorrect according to a pool test with salt strip reading and a calibrated salt meter reader. Iíve changed out the flow sensor and T15 cell to the old ones I had in 2008 and get the same readings. Iíve reset the meter numerous times and it settles on 2300 to 2500 after a while. I really hate to throw more money at this device after reading all the problems others are having with this device. I could replace the boards and maybe that would fix it for 3 or 4 years then Iíd just be going through this again.
    Besides just sharing my disappointment with Hayward, Golding, and Aqua Rite I seeking any last ideas to reset the salt meter to an accurate reading.

Current controller readings are:
    2500 ppm salt
    83 temp
    27.1 cell volts (seems high, 22.0 to 25.0 normal)
    1.51 cell current (seems low, 4.5 to 7.8 normal)
    99P output
    -300 salinity
    AL-0
    R1.40 software

There seems to be fewer posts of problems with the Pentair IntellIChlor IC40; would this be an improvement in quality and longevity? I have an IntelliFlow variable speed pump and IntelliLogic indoor controller so maybe dumping Aqua Rite for Pentair would be a good way to go.

Your thought would be appreciated. Thanks for providing this forum; Iíve learned a lot.
    Rone
    38k gal IG Pebble Tech; Sta-Rite S8M150 filter; IntelliFlo VS-3050 VSP; Aqua-Rite electronic chlorine generator installed in 2008 w/T15 cell; Aqua-Link RS control system; waterfall w/single speed pump; attached SPA w/remote switches. Pool built in 2001. Test using DPD kit; Polaris 360 seldom used.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Rite SWG Problems and Pentair Solution?

I thought I'd give you an update even though no one had any comments so far. I ordered a new T-15 cell and everything is back to normal. The salt reading is accurate and the cell is pumping out chlorine. So if anyone else is having this trouble with a 4-year old cell it might be time to replace it.

If anyone is interested I purchased the cell online at Pool Supply World for $435.99 list price and for saying I like them on Facebook I got a 5% discount off that price. It arrived in 5 days.
    Rone
    38k gal IG Pebble Tech; Sta-Rite S8M150 filter; IntelliFlo VS-3050 VSP; Aqua-Rite electronic chlorine generator installed in 2008 w/T15 cell; Aqua-Link RS control system; waterfall w/single speed pump; attached SPA w/remote switches. Pool built in 2001. Test using DPD kit; Polaris 360 seldom used.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Rone
    I thought I'd give you an update even though no one had any comments so far. I ordered a new T-15 cell and everything is back to normal. The salt reading is accurate and the cell is pumping out chlorine. So if anyone else is having this trouble with a 4-year old cell it might be time to replace it.

If anyone is interested I purchased the cell online at Pool Supply World for $435.99 list price and for saying I like them on Facebook I got a 5% discount off that price. It arrived in 5 days.
    just reading this. was your cell dirty? usually a dirty scaled cell will give you a low reading. try cleaning the cell with 1:4 acid to water..then reinstall. wait 24 hrs and check salt reading. if salt reading is still low cell might be shorted but you would have got a "hot" reading if that was the case. maybe you have a back up cell now that just needs a cleaning.

Btw the CompuPool T15 replacement cell is cheaper and see-though so you can keep an eye on it to see if its getting scale and adjust C.S.I. to keep it clean.

4. Back To Top    #4

I did all the cleanings, switched the flow sensor, reset the meter; everything everyone recommends on other posts on the same system except change out boards. When I thought about changing boards I decided I'd get some other system instead; like the Pentair. With the new cell everything is great again. Thanks for the recommendation though.
    Rone