Pool Shed / Storage Ideas

Jul 30, 2012
We in the midst of building the pool and are looking to build a 12x16 shed over the equipment pad. It will be one large concrete slab. I believe the PB, said the equipment would lake up 4 ft, so I have 12 feet to work with. Other than ventilation and a drain, any thoughts on how to design the inside and out for optimal storage and functionality? We don't need a cabana as we already have an outdoor kitchen with two outdoor TVs and the bathroom is close right inside the house. So, I'm just thinking storage for this shed for floaties, toys, towels, etc..... Any thoughts or pictures of good pool shed storage insaide and out?

I built mine with lattice sides with vines growing and a gravel bottom. It's main purpose is to keep the Tx. sun off the equipment.

If you go fully enclosed make sure there is plenty of ventilation. It will get very hot inside during the summer with the combination of heat put off by the pump plus the sun beating down on the roof. You want to keep your stored chlorine (especially if liquid) as cool as practice. I have my 15 gallon chlorine drum buried with just the top sticking out.

Also, I don't think you want to put your pipes in concrete. It will make any future repairs/changes very hard.

Rafts and other blow up pool toys take up a lot of space, and if not secured blow away in high winds. If you don't believe me ask my neighbor....... ,he's gotten the kids toys plenty of times in his yard.

Didn't think about the pipes in concrete. Thanks! Yes, I live on top of a big hill in Nebraska and it can get very windy...another reason for the shed. I plan to use the same siding and shingles as the house to make it match. I've been looking at some of those Pool Float racks, but many don't seem to get good reviews.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.