Indoor Pool ozone system

Sep 3, 2012
We are installing an indoor pool, 10x20, 3-5' depth and need some type of system to purify water. I have asthma so am considering an ozonator. We will use a heat pump, cartridge filter and 1/2 hp pump. I really appreciate any advice.

Even with an ozonator you still need a sanitizer in the water at all times. The options for an indoor pool are chlorine, bromine or biguanide. For breathing issues, your ventilation system will be your most important consideration. Make sure your contractor has experience ventilating pools.

falseairs said:
Thanks for the reply. We will have a dehumidification system, air exchanger and air purifier. Which water purification system would you recommend? I really appreciate your help.

Chlorine is the easiest and cheapest. Bromine is fine for an indoor pool.

Most fume issues are a result of the disinfection byproducts, which can be minimized by maintaining the the chemistry properly and having good ventilation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.