Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Indoor Pool ozone system

1. Back To Top    #1

Indoor Pool ozone system

We are installing an indoor pool, 10x20, 3-5' depth and need some type of system to purify water. I have asthma so am considering an ozonator. We will use a heat pump, cartridge filter and 1/2 hp pump. I really appreciate any advice.
    40x18 - 40,000 gallon -vinyl liner - sand filter - not really sure what else to say! Too new...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Indoor Pool ozone system

Even with an ozonator you still need a sanitizer in the water at all times. The options for an indoor pool are chlorine, bromine or biguanide. For breathing issues, your ventilation system will be your most important consideration. Make sure your contractor has experience ventilating pools.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply. We will have a dehumidification system, air exchanger and air purifier. Which water purification system would you recommend? I really appreciate your help.
    40x18 - 40,000 gallon -vinyl liner - sand filter - not really sure what else to say! Too new...

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by falseairs
    Thanks for the reply. We will have a dehumidification system, air exchanger and air purifier. Which water purification system would you recommend? I really appreciate your help.
    Chlorine is the easiest and cheapest. Bromine is fine for an indoor pool.

Most fume issues are a result of the disinfection byproducts, which can be minimized by maintaining the the chemistry properly and having good ventilation.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

Which ozonator do you recommend? Thanks