Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing the flex hoses on my pump system.

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing the flex hoses on my pump system.

I want to replace the flex hoses that came with my pool with PCV piping. I would also like to add another shut off valve and a couple of purge valves at the lowest points in the lines. About the pool and pump. It's an above ground pool with a Waterway Clearwater 2 cartridge pool filter system. I need to know where I can buy fittings with the correct thread size and what size pipe I should use.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing the flex hoses on my pump system.

Welcome to TFP.

All the screwed fittings should be 1½" NPT. If the equipment is fairly close to the pool 1½" will be fine to use. Just buy all 1½" pipe and fittings. I'd get full port valves if I could.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! I was worried about the threaded parts not matching up properly.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have everything replaced now. The origional reason for replacing the hoses was that the couplers the pool company installed were cracking and leaking. Now I have another leak. The gray plastic bulkhead exhaust port fitting is leaking where I screwed in my PVC adaptor. The leak is right at the mold seam. So now I have to drain some water, cut and remove the pvc pipe then replace the fitting. My pool is going to be green soon.

5. Back To Top    #5

Get soem FC in there before you shut it down and you should be fine for a little while.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit