Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: anyone using liquid chlorine check their salt levels recentl

1. Back To Top    #1

anyone using liquid chlorine check their salt levels recentl

Would you expect 2200ppm salt level after 1.5 years of liquid chlorine with the pool maintained 12 months/year in hot texas?

I was a bit taken aback this evening when I checked it for the first time.

Should I be thinking about changing out the water?
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: anyone using liquid chlorine check their salt levels rec

I'm sure that it's possible. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are have water evaporating on surfaces and leaving behind white salt residue which I would doubt is occurring at that level.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ditto...btw stabilized chlorine also leaves salt residuals, not just liquid.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

That level of salt is getting to the level that SWG use. The issue is that in texas SWG and natural stone dont go well together. This means that salt level could be toxic to natural stone coping.

I think Im using about 2-3 ppm per day in the summer time. So for say 4 months out of the year. The other 8 months I dont know, but say 1.5ppm. So lets say 2ppm for the entire year. That is 730ppm per year added, which adds (10:8 ratio) 584 ppm of salt.

After 1.5 years I would not expect you to have so much salt. It seems like you should probably be able to go 3-4 years without getting to SWG levels of salt.
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating