Hi from California

Aug 17, 2012
Hi everyone. We are new owners of a home that came with an in-ground pool and waterfall spa. We are totally new to pool ownership and are dealing with the learning curve. We hired a fellow to come once a week and keep the pool maintained and he seems to be doing an 'ok' job. Our biggest challenge is - How do we operate this thing? The previous owners left all of the manuals for the hardware, but that doesn't really help us interpret the maze of pipes and valves. So far I have spent about 6 hours reading posts on this site, and I now feel confident enough to say Hi and start asking questions. So first...Hi! :wave:

Next - I have a few questions and want to know where the best place on the board is to post them:
Q1. I would like to post pics of the "pipe and valve" maze, so somebody can help me learn what they all do. (probably pumping station forum right?)
Q2. The pool cleaner (we affectionately call R2D2) doesn't move around on the bottom of the pool when we put it in. It did last week, but it doesn't now. (pumping station forum?)
Q3. We have what seems to be a very common problem with the spa - the water level keeps dropping. When we add more water to the spa, it drops again and the pool level rises. (spa and hot tub forum?)
Q4. How do I make the waterfall from the spa to the pool work? (spa and hot tup forum?)

As you can see, I have lots to learn!

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Posting a pic of your equipment pad in the pumping station is a good start. That should help nswer the preliminary questions. We're glad you are here and you'll get lot's of high quality help.

duraleigh said:
Welcome to the forum. :lol: Posting a pic of your equipment pad in the pumping station is a good start. That should help answer the preliminary questions. We're glad you are here and you'll get lot's of high quality help.
Thanks! I will take some pics tomorrow and post them for a start then. :-D