Air leak in the intex adapter .

Take the adapter off make sure the the black rubber lining inside the adapter has not bunched up. Put the adapter back on nice and tight the whole way making sure the black rubber does not move when sliding it on. Let know know how it goes.

I basically took the steal mesh I had from an old screen door and cut to rap around the filter, makes cleaning the filter so easy as all the larger stuff getting trapped in the screen and does not clog up the filter.

I was too! 2 months of being scared. The adapters were so hit and miss. I would go a month with no problems and then it would start making that sound and no matter what I would do it would never stop. So I would turn off the pump and readjust it after work and fine for a bit. Then it would be fine, I would go and hook up the vac and I was back with that sound. It haunts my dreams. I have a lot going on and this morning I went out in the yard and the sound. Forgot what I was even doing. I was so mad. Went to work and couldn't forget about it. Thought about closing the pool. Came home and messed with it a bit and still nothing. The problem is with the pool so small and in direct sun as long as you get a sunny day the water temp is fine. I remember getting in late in the year last year and with this weather I hope for the same. So I decided to go for it. I started to drain the pool. I was going to go below the inlet. I already had the parts. I took the rubber gasket a sharpie and marked the hole. I ate dinner and was so excited I began to cut. The water was not even close. I cut slow very slow. I did not remove the old parts. I think that helped. About half way through the water coming out of the hole was too much too finish. I had the old adapters supported with string. I finally placed a bowl over the hole and finished the cut. everything went well. Make your cut slow and with a new razor. Because the water was low enough I decided to do the inlet too. I connected everything and began to fill. The water is finally above the inlet and after priming the pump the new outlet is shooting the water about a foot shy of the other side of the pool. Take your time and make sure you have a sharp new razor. Don't take a chance and by a new one. The best thing I have ever done and it actually worked!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.