Should to ue schedule in panel or vsd?

Apr 15, 2012
I'm new to all this - and did search first. Our pool co got the pool going while I was out of town but we're days from having pool school (turnover). A tech came to do something and the pool quit running (labor day so no phone support). I tried going through the easytouch8 to find the schedule and there wasn't one. Went through the Intelliflo and there wasn't a schedule. I created one in the easytouch but it never ran the pump so I created a schedule in the vsd and its running fine.
My question is "should the scheduler in the panel be controlling the drive"? I'm an industrial controls guy and like having everything in one place. When we do poolschool on Wed is it unreasonable that I ask that we use the serial comms to the vsd and do all the control in Easytouch? Seems to be a no brainer to me.
Any idea on how to test comms to the vsd?

Many thanks!

My equipment was just hooked up last week. I think the comm cable should definitely be hooked up. That's kinda the whole point in automation. I can't activate anything at the pump as the display is inactivated on the pump. What kind of controller for the EasyTouch are you using? Or are you just using the controls at the panel?

It's an easy touch 8 panel. The drive was connected and display was locked (I think due to Comms with panel) but it never ran. I couldn't get it to run the schedule so put drive in manual and put schedule in it. I'm sure they will resolve at pool school Wednesday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.