JTs pool initial results! Newbie here from California!

jaytee

Aug 29, 2012
California
Hello,

Just took over my dad's chore of maintaining the pool since he couldn't figure out why algae was growing.

First step I did was shock the heck out of the pool and brushed the walls. it has been 3 days since I touched the pool (due to school finals).
Seems like it is gone for now, I did re-shock the pool prior to the results below.
I joined and lurked for a bit, while my TF 100 kit came in. I read through pool school several times.

Now here are my results (horrible by the way):
FC- .5 (incredible my chlorine almost disappeared in 3 days)
CC-.5
TA- 410
CH-1000
CYA-130

I have a big hunch I have to drain...

I did notice my dad dump conditioner so that is why the CYA spiraled. Comments are greatly.

You'll need to read pool school again, ASAP! The CYA is too high, and add chlorine (I.e. bleach) more often to keep the shock level up. The partial drain and refill would make it easier to go thru the shock process....

Welcome to TFP!

Well, you do have two reasons to change out water (high CH and high CYA). However, you may be able to find a reverse osmosis outfit that can service the pool. These companies are able to filter out stuff like metals and other things that are in solution in the pool water by use of a special truck. The filtered water is then returned to the pool. Check the phone book in your area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.