Just took over my dad's chore of maintaining the pool since he couldn't figure out why algae was growing.
First step I did was shock the heck out of the pool and brushed the walls. it has been 3 days since I touched the pool (due to school finals).
Seems like it is gone for now, I did re-shock the pool prior to the results below.
I joined and lurked for a bit, while my TF 100 kit came in. I read through pool school several times.
Now here are my results (horrible by the way):
FC- .5 (incredible my chlorine almost disappeared in 3 days)
I have a big hunch I have to drain...
I did notice my dad dump conditioner so that is why the CYA spiraled. Comments are greatly.