Inspect Cell on New AquaTrol

Hey -

I have a new AquaTrol Return Jet Mount SWG.

7909828820_a8b579c23b.jpg

For some reason, the Inspect Cell Light comes on and the unit never seems to generate chlorine.

Here's a photo of the unit and my setup:

7909828098_0eb80beed5.jpg

7909829796_8cf81c2a94.jpg

One thing that I find odd, is that the instructions reference plugging in the pump into the SWG unit itself, yet this is the bottom:

7909835658_68529ab3d5.jpg

The phone jack is for the flow switch, which is not installed with the Return Jet setup. Currently I'm just running my pump/filter all the time until I get this up and running.

The diganostic numbers are as follows:

1) Pool Temp: 77
2) Cell Voltage: 32.9 (22-26 is when chlorine is generating, 30-35V is when it's not)
3) Cell Current: 0.00 (2.5-4 is when chlorine is generating, 0 is when it's not)
4) Desired Output %: 100
5) Instant Salinity: 0 ppm
6) Product Name: AL - 7 (AL-7 Means AquaTrol Return Jet)
7) Software Revision: r.145

A few nights ago I added 5 21 KG bags of salt to my 15x30 AGP and disolved it.

The vendor is closed (long weekend) so I was hoping to get some ideas before Tuesday.

Thanks!
Brad

I should also mention I am getting good flow through the cell (at least sticking my hand infront of the return, lots of pressure)

I tested my salt with a simple strip, and I got a reading of 4, which means 1150. Not sure how accurate that is, but I'm sure it's not off THAT much. Perhaps I have to low of salt? But I would think the LOW SALT indicator would have kicked on.

OK, sorry for all the self replies :) I figured the salt was pretty low, so I added 2 20KG bags of salt. Now the salt and test cell lights are flashing.

According to the docs the unit is working at low efficiency. I think I'll let the salt circulate tonight and go from there.

Brad, how's the salt going? I have the same unit as you. I do have a plug in for my pump to run auto with the unit. I have a ag pool at 12,000 gal. had to add just over 300 lbs salt to get it started.

Working well thanks! Just ran super chlorinate for a day.

It's weird, I have the punchout for the power plug. It doesn't make sense that it wouldn't have a plug. If my pump is not running, but the system is chlorinating, it won't get any flow. Unless both are supposed to be on a timer, but that doesn't make sense either.

Will talk to the pool store tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy your salt system!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.