Bleach shortage?

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
This might be a moot point but I had a need for lots of bleach and had trouble finding the 182oz bottles anywhere. My wife ended up at Sam's and bought 21 bottles of the new 121oz 8.25% bottles. That was all she could get. She said they had 1 pallet left and people were grabbing it up, she got 7 cases. She asked the stock person why bleach was such a hot item and he told her that the Wal-Mart/Sams warehouse is out completely of the regular bleach in all brands. He said it was because they were transitioning to the new 121 oz bottles but I think that might be a load of waffle. Why would they not transition smoothly, its not like bleach doesn't sell?

Anyway, take it for what you paid for it. I have plenty of bleach. For now.

We went to 2 Wal-Marts, a Target, Grocery store and only found 6 of the 121oz bottles today. I came home to sweep my pool and get my FC back to shock level and she went on a hunting spree. She went to 2 more Wal-Marts, a Kroger, and 2 Sams till she found this one pallet. Somebody did some poor planning on this transition. lol It looked like Y2K on the bleach isle.

Having the same problem here. Walmart, Target, and Heb are constantly out. I'm down to my last 3 jugs. Going to try Lowes and HD tomorrow even though it costs more. I do have the dreaded puck's (50lb tub came with pool) but that will be a last resort. Did they forget to ship to Texas? Lol

lol. Try sam's. look for the 121oz high concentration bottles. They are not HE but they say standard for HE machines. It is just normal bleach. I made this mistake and left the bleach isle at my first Wal-Mart with 12 bottles that I could have used. When I went back they were gone and I had not left the store.

I bought the last 3 121 8.25% bottles, though there was plenty ofsmaller expensive bottlesbof,clorox and lavender bleach. The smaller jug is nice I guess though I just got a feel for the new pool and now have to adjust my thinking. I had no idea they were switching so it caught me off guard.

I still have 22 bottles left. My wife has always complained that when she told me she was going to the store and asked if I needed anything I always say bleach first. How are we going through so much bleach she asks? I use it to keep the pool clean and clear I answered. She would always swear a bottle a day was way too much. 2 months we have had our pool and enjoyed it alot. It turned green when I was sick and we lost the use of it for almost 2 weeks now. In the past week I have dumped about 17 bottles in to get it clean. A bottle a day doesn't seem so bad now especially since you can still swim in it at that point. In the past week I have bought 43 bottles of bleach and only have 22 of them left.

Now when she goes to the store she asks if I need bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.