We just moved in to our house with a pool two weeks ago. I added a pool cleaner (barracuda G2 with leaf canister), which has done an awesome job of cleaning the bottom of the pool, and I can start to see the bottom of the deep end. I do have some experience with pools, as we had a small above ground at the last place, but it had a SWG, and this one does not (yet).
The problem is, to get to this point, I've basically been putting two bags of 'shock' powder into the pool each day. Which, by reading this site, I just found is probably raising my CYA also .
The pool is between 15-20k gallons. (I need to get in it with a tape measure and get real depths and measurements). I bought the big measuring kit from Leslie's, so I'll take full measurements tomorrow morning. Last Saturday, I had them test the water and the CYA was 'around 30'. There has not been any 'chlorine smell'.
Does anyone have an idea of how badly I've screwed my CYA by putting 10 bags of shock in my pool?
Thanks in advance.