copper green tint to the water?

Thanks Duraleigh, big fail on the picture again, sorry, lately I have been working my butt off so I am only home early AM or late evening when lighting is bad for a picture.

Just did a very thorough back wash since I needed to get rid of the recent rain water

Then

Tonight FC was 4 so with a target shock of 24 ppm based on a CYA of 60 I was supposed to add 675 oz of chlorine. I put in 728 ( 4 full jugs of 128 oz 6% chlorine Home depot brand $2.99 jugs). I have 6 more full jugs on standby

Will maintain 24 ppm for the next 3 days to see how it goes

More rain today so ph has crept up to 7.5, should I try and lower it while doing the shock or leave it be?

Will test in the AM and report results. Tomorrow I get home around 2 PM so I can retest again midday and take that picture.

Thanks again for all the advice.

As promised here are the pictures:

Vacuum pole going down, big picture

IMAG0416.jpg

Close up:

IMAG0418.jpg

I was at 23ppm of FC around 1pm so I added 32 oz bleach

Very helpful. I would say your pool is almost free of live algae and now is when filtration becomes important.

Be sure to brush and vacuum often and keep your filter backwashed. You should see daily improvement in the clarity from here on. You are running the pump 24/7, right?

Update. I started adding about 1.25 cups of DE to the sand filter 3 days ago and I have been maintaining a FC of about 24ppm since my last post. The lowest it has dropped is to 19.5 and it has gone as high as 27.

I have not bothered with PH. Pump is running continuously and I have been back washing at least once per day.

This morning is the 1st time in weeks that I have actually been able to barely begin seeing the actual bottom of the pool. Color is blue and cloudy with no green tint

Slow, glacially slow but discernible progress is being made.

Thank you for the encouragement and suggestions.

On a general note, backwashing before needed can be counterproductive. As the filter traps dirt, the voids between the sand becomes smaller and the filter will trap progressively smaller particles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.