AGP leveling question

pwrstrk

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 17, 2012
Elverson Pa.
The area for my pool is 22" out of level without grass or topsoil removed. I want to fill the low end to get it level for various reasons. Here is my plan of attack.
1. Remove grass and topsoil
2. Use 2A modified stone for the fill material. 2A modified consists of 3/4" stone down to dust.
3. Put stone in 4"-5" lifts and compact with jumping jack. Last lift compact with vibratory plate compactor.
4. Stone will also be sloped up to my pool pad that will be aprox. 26' in dia for a 24' pool.

For pool install instead of using sand I would like to use screenings, because I feel the screeneings will compact better than sand. I plan on using a gorilla pad on top of screenings then pool liner.

Thoughts on this process?

Thanks in advance, Jeff

Seems as though you might want to make it bigger than 26'. That would only give you 1' around the pool, not accounting the top ledge, if it's a regular agp. Might be hard to get around the outside of it.

Pic of the site? With 22" I'm almost thinking you'd want a retaining wall...it can be done and there was someone in NJ who did a great job last year on the forum, but not recommended way to level AGP, but I think you know that. Other than the wall, I like your plan and I would not worry about sand, it compacts pretty well

Thanks dman. It might not be the prefered way to level,but I feel it can be done if done right. As for the retaining wall my plan was to have a 4:1 slope off the fill area to back it up. I was planning on building it this fall and letting it sit all winter and see how it holds up. Check it in the spring for level and setteling.

I thought you usually run into trouble with the ground being unstable when you try to build the low side
Better to take the high side down and build from there.

But if I were to try to build the low side I would try to make it as hard as possible , hoping it dosent settle and shift
maybe concrete

Just my 2 cents

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.