Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under Construction in PA

1. Back To Top    #1

Under Construction in PA

Day # 1

PB was onsite yesterday to dig the hole.

Backyard Before

Track hoe shows up

Scraping up the topsoil

Dig is underway

Day # 1 work is complete

Stay tuned for updates. I read through so much info on this site it really helped us to make informed decisions and get just about everything figured out in advance. The amount of knowledge here is incredible. Looking forward to implementing the BBB System, unfortunately the pool will be done in Oct and will keep it open for a month to let the finish cure, then have to close for the season. We'll be ready to go next spring!!!
    26,000 gallon gunite IGP with 50 sq ft Spa, Jandy VS FloPro 2hp Pump, Jandy DEV48 Filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, Jandy AquaLink PDA-PS6 Controller, RayPak R406A Heater, Polaris 380 Cleaner, completed April 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Under Construction in PA

Looks like a good start, looking forward to the updates. Just out of curiosity, how much was the estimate if you don't mind me asking?
    6500 gal, Intex 18'x48" above ground, 1hp Pro Sand Filter, TF100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Good luck with the project. We had ours started about the same time two years ago. Our pool looks fairly similar to yours, maybe the same builder. We're in Exton. Anyway, ours was finished around late-October but we waited until the following spring to plaster/fill the pool. That way we didn't have to worry about covering it over the winter and it worked out great. Not sure if that's an option for you or not.
    29,000 gallon, concrete pool and spa, SE PA
    Jandy 2HP pump, Raypak 400 heater, Polaris 380

4. Back To Top    #4

Did you wait until the spring to pour the deck as well?
    26,000 gallon gunite IGP with 50 sq ft Spa, Jandy VS FloPro 2hp Pump, Jandy DEV48 Filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, Jandy AquaLink PDA-PS6 Controller, RayPak R406A Heater, Polaris 380 Cleaner, completed April 2013

5. Back To Top    #5

Day # 2

Dig is finished

Rebar and plumbing next!

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, deck was poured in the fall (2010). In March/early April 2011, we got the landscaping done around the pool. Mid April 2011 PB came out and plastered and started filling with water. Couple days later the startup tech came out, turned everything on, gave us a quick lesson on how things work, and off we went.
    29,000 gallon, concrete pool and spa, SE PA
    Jandy 2HP pump, Raypak 400 heater, Polaris 380

7. Back To Top    #7

I live in schenecksville PA.
    When we had our pool built, the hole was dug in the fall and we had the concrete poured the following spring.
    I am not a civil engineer, but I dont think it hurt that the ground had 6 months to settle...
    20'x40' / 30,000 Gal / In Ground / Vinyl
    Pentair FNS 48 DE Filter / Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP Pump
    Jandy Lite2 400k BTU Propane Heater / Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TF-100 Test Kit / BBB
    Creator of SimplePool (BBB Friendly Android App) http://www.simplepool.net

8. Back To Top    #8

Bigfunky, I hope your build goes well! I used the same pool builder to build my pool this spring and they did a good job. You have to stay on top of their project managers but their crews do a great job. My Jandy pump failed last weekend and their service department was quick to dispatch someone and provided me with a backup solution while they awaited the new part which they have already installed. Anyways, this is an exiting time for you and I look forward to following your build!
    18'x36' IG Gunite Custom (Lazy River), Granite Sunstone quartz finish, 1.5hp Jandy ePump (Variable speed) with ePump remote, Jandy CS200 cartridge filter, Nature2 Fusion, and 18" stepped raised bond beam with 24" sheer descent.

9. Back To Top    #9

Here's some pics and renderings of the final design, the pavillion and landscaping will be done next spring.

I cannot say enough about our designer, he took pics of our backyard and then superimposed the pool rendering so we could see what the final product would look like. Before we were at this point we had a totally different pool shape and layout that looked great on paper but when we laid it out in the yard the first time it just did not work.

10. Back To Top    #10

Mother nature is not wanting us to get this pool done, excavators back out on Friday to clean up the mess, PB dropped off a pump today to clean up the standing water

11. Back To Top    #11

Rebar going in today and plumbers coming on Tuesday. Pics when I get home tonight.

12. Back To Top    #12

Rebar done in 1/2 day, plumbing tomorrow, everything is moving along nicely, I sure hope it stays that way.

13. Back To Top    #13

Problem averted, plumber showed up with no heat box and was planning on piping the spa and drains in flex, new plumber coming tomorrow.

14. Back To Top    #14

Plumbing is finished, all piped in rigid PVC, 2". Crew was great.

15. Back To Top    #15

Day 17 - Gunnite tomorrow!!!

16. Back To Top    #16

Now it really looks like a pool, the gunnite was done today! Pretty awesome watching those guys work.

Next up, electrical, gas line, tile / coping, deck, rain garden, fence, pool cover and plastering!!!

17. Back To Top    #17

Have any neighbors knocking on your door wanting to be your new best friend? Looks fantastic!
    * 18.5 K Gallon, 8ft deep, IG, Pebble Radiance * Pentair VS 3050 Pump w/420 Cartridge Filter
    * Blue Square Q-360 In-floor Cleaning System * UltraPure UPP25 Ozone Generator
    * Pool startup: 09-04-2012 * TF-100 Test Kit

18. Back To Top    #18

Not yet but I bet my 3 kids will have lots of new friends next summer!

19. Back To Top    #19

Tile and coping was finished today, tomorrow is the electrical work, pool is coming along nicely.

20. Back To Top    #20

Electric and gas work is just about complete, the spa stone and coping is being done as we speak. I decided to wait until spring to get the pool plastered rather than open it for a month just to monitor water chemistry and really not get to use it. I'll also be able to defer the $5k pool cover cost until next year

I will get the deck poured and fence put it this year for safety reasons and so my backyard is not a muddy, swampy mess all winter. Depending on how much money I can save over the winter I may even upgrade to PebbleTec

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast