Cleaning Stand for Aquarite T-15 Cell

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
Hi all,
I have had the Aquarite SWG for a few years. Last couple of years I used a winter rubber plug (I believe size #11) to cap off the cell to clean it. It worked perfectly.

Then I lost that rubber plug so this year I bought another winter plug, same size, but when I put it in the cell, water leaks out because the cell has a plastic ribbing that keeps the plug from sealing properly. I don't know why the original winter plug I had worked so great and this one doesn't.

I know they make stands to cap off the cell. I have heard that you can go to a hardware store and buy a PVC end cap that is supposed to work. I found a post by someone who tried it and it didn't work: "I tried going to Lowe's for an end cap, one they do not have one, as the T-Cell takes threads for a 1 1/2" union, not the smaller NSF threads of an end cap and the end cap would have to be a 2 1/2" end cap as a 2" end cap is too small and they do not make a 2 1/2" end cap. The 1 1/2" union fit well, except the o-ring part of the union is on the male threaded part, not the female."

So, I was wondering is everyone using the Aquarite propriety stand, or have you found something else that works?

Whenever I'm helping a customer with their cleaning we use an original stand. I know of someone who was making some in their garage but they also leaked and he was selling them for the same price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.