Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: vibration sensation when jumoing in fiberglass pool

1. Back To Top    #1

vibration sensation when jumoing in fiberglass pool

I recently had a fiberglass pool installed. On the shallow end, when the children jump i can feel a vibrating sensation. It is along the step and each side of the shallow end. My builder dug up the pavers and "sand blasted" more peeble under pool. The sensation on step is less, but still there. The sides are unchanged. Is it acceptable to feel any vibration? Will this cause any cracks? My builder is not interested in fixing the problem. He says it is normal and will not cause harm..

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: vibration sensation when jumoing in fiberglass pool

I've never had one but it sounds like when a pool is one piece essentially and it is full of water, it is creating a frequency vibration when disturbed. I'm not an engineer but it sounds like there might be some space between the pool and dirt somewhere.-

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: vibration sensation when jumoing in fiberglass pool

Mine was just installed and I noticed the same feeling, sounds hollow where I feel the vibrations. Im pretty lost on what steps to take in fixing this situation since the concrete has been installed. Let us know what you find out.
    13'-6" x 33' Blue Hawiian fiberglass IG, Goldline SWG, Hayward 1-1/2 hp dual speed pump, 27" Hayward sand filter, 2x 12v LED lights PB installed. Installed on 8/10/2012