Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long b4 I can pour concrete decking

1. Back To Top    #1

How long b4 I can pour concrete decking

18x36 10" poured concrete wall with liner pool just completed. Backfilled for two weeks and heavy rain has occurred and have seen some settling already .
    Not much tamping occurred while backfilling but the Clay soil was moist when backfill occurred. No deck supports like some steel pools.....
    Being that the season is just about over I was going to wait till next spring top get the concrete pool decking installed.
    My reason would be to allow the ground to settle and avoid cracks in decking. I will probably only get 4' all around.

The Concrete decking is not part of the pool builders responsibility so they dont care either way, and they think it is unnecessary to wait as I planned and might even be causing more problems by waiting as the soil might turn to chocolate pudding after thaw in the spring.

I would love the feedback.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: How long b4 I can pour concrete decking

Waiting is a much better idea than doing it now. An even better idea would be to remove the clay soil and use gravel backfill, but that may not be possible for you. Pouring the deck now would almost certainly result in big cracks, and soon! You want it to settle as much as possible before pouring.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How long b4 I can pour concrete decking

you could pour some sonotubes for support, but that would require drilling holes
    17,000 gal inground
    3hp 8 returns
    heat siphon heat pump