Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is there some kind of vacuum hose adapter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is there some kind of vacuum hose adapter?

I installed a dedicated vacuum line with a vac-lock fitting like this when I built our inground pool. I've got a basic vacuum head with a 1 1/2" vacuum hose. The hose fits fine into my skimmer, but it's too big for the vac-lock fitting. The vac-lock is 1 1/2" I.D. and the O.D of the hose is 1 3/4. Is there some kind of adapter I can get?
    half Inground/half above ground, shotcrete pool, 19,000 gallons - KrystalKrete Krystal Blue quartz finish
    Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump - Pentair Easy Touch automation - Pentair T100 sand filter - Savi Melody LED lights - Mortex KoolDeck - Charleston, South Carolina

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is there some kind of vacuum hose adapter?

Bump. I have the exact same problem. I stupidly measured the vacuum opening at 1.5", and ordered 1.5" hose, only to find the hose is way too big.
    Southern WV
    18' Round above ground (52" depth)
    Current baquacil user

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't have any experience but I did some google searching and didn't find out squat. Hayward's website is worthless. All I found was in the Hayward Navigator manual that said you didn't use the skimmer cone adapter when you plug the hose into the vac lock. Are you guys using a different cleaner than the navigator?
    Blaine

50' x 22' 27k gal shotcrete freeform, 2hp 2 sp Pentair Whisperflo, Pool Pilot RC-52 SWCG, Pentair TR 100 sand filter, Polaris 280, 2 Pentair Intellibrite LED lights with controller, french gray plaster, Butterfield U-20 "smoke"integral colored salt finish concrete cantilever deck on one side, flagstone coping on the other.

My pool build:
    osage-hills-pool-build-t50526.html

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a hayward part # V093C. Its the cone adapter mentioned above. You can Bing that part # and see the part. It might get you on the right path. The one I have measures 1 1/2" ID on the small end and 2 1/16" ID on the big end. It's made of a soft rubber.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm wondering if this thing will work:

http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-AXV092...ayward+adapter

If it's made to fit inside 1 1/2 hoses, then it should fit right? Looks like this:

Southern WV
    Current baquacil user

6. Back To Top    #6

AZ, I found that adapter too. I guess for $5 I'll order one and give it a shot. I kind of wish there was a solution that would allow the locking tab of the vac-lock to still grab the hose like it's supposed to but hey.....if it works!
    half Inground/half above ground, shotcrete pool, 19,000 gallons - KrystalKrete Krystal Blue quartz finish
    Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump - Pentair Easy Touch automation - Pentair T100 sand filter - Savi Melody LED lights - Mortex KoolDeck - Charleston, South Carolina

7. Back To Top    #7

I ordered it, and with 2 day shipping it should be here Saturday. I'll post here with my results.
    Southern WV
    Current baquacil user

8. Back To Top    #8

Got it today, works fine.
    Southern WV
    Current baquacil user