Wanda the Whale on the way

JohnN

Jun 24, 2012
Howell, NJ
Just got Wanda the Whale for a great price on eBay, on its way currently. I have read good reviews about it, but one thing that they mention is it doesn't work good with a wrinkled liner. Just how wrinkled are we talking here? I guess I could just watch it, and if it gets stuck move it. I have nothing better to do with my time, anyway. Still has to be better than manually vacuuming.

Personally I'm interested in knowing if it reaches the entire perimeter of the pool, I have a suction cleaner and was considering an upgrade, mine skips the far side of the pool along the wall.

Ok, so it does not get caught on the wrinkles, and it seems to clean the whole pool. But I have a different problem I did not read about. My vacuum is sucking air. I have to believe that it is from the hose connections. Has anyone else had this problem? I am going to have to figure out how to fix this, I don't want the pump running dry.

That's a common problem. Alternate submersing and raising each joint until you find which one(s) are leaking then check them to make sure they seat together correctly. If you listen closely you can hear them sucking in air.

cramar said:
Personally I'm interested in knowing if it reaches the entire perimeter of the pool, I have a suction cleaner and was considering an upgrade, mine skips the far side of the pool along the wall.

I have a 20' pool and it gets the whole pool. I can't remember if I am using all of the hose sections or if two are put away in the box. The biggest problem I have is I need to have the pump on high to vacuum and then the return is so forceful that if I don't aim it down, it can mess up Wanda. So I just push it to straight down and when I'm done, I turn it to the side again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.